Monday, January 20, 2020

It's been soooooo long!

For whatever reason, this blog popped into my mind a few weeks ago and when I took a break from life on this busy Saturday (oops, its Monday now!) I looked it up to see what I could see. Looks like my last post (not that there are very many) was in 2011. Ummm....its 2020 people. And I'm here to tell you, a lot can happen in 9 years! So I guess I've shown myself not to be much of a blogger. The truth is, I don't enjoy writing. I find it tedious and boring. But I have found that I like looking back and reading my thoughts about events I don't always remember. Ella turned 2 in Dec of 2011. She's 10 now. Shes recently been diagnosed with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Psoriatic arthritis and enthesitis related arthritis specifically. It's been pretty hard on her. She's on weekly injections of a drug called methotrexate that has lots of yucky side effects. She's handling it fairly well, but having an autoimmune disease is certainly not fun. Especially when it brings lots of pain and discomfort. She's a real trooper though! We are so proud of her courage! And surprise! We had another baby! Oopsie! He's pretty dang awesome though and I have loved every minute of his 20 months of life. His name is Thad and he was born May 23, 2018. I was 42 and really couldn't imagine another baby. I cried a little when I found out I was pregnant again. But what a joy he is in my life. I'm so thankful Heavenly Father has a better plan than I do. Because if I'd had my way there wouldn't have been any more babies. Even more amazing news! Jenna is married and has a week old baby girl! Such an incredible sweet little girl! I'm a grandma! And I couldn't be happier about that! Haley is getting married in less than 2 weeks! Life is getting interesting around here. I should mention our sons-in-law. They are pretty cool guys. Jenna married Ahmet and he is turning out to be one awesome dad. Haley is marrying Garrett and I think Thad is going to be the president of his fan club. Wyatt is LPO (leading petty officer) of his sea cadet unit and is so good at it. Braden and Gracie are both members of sea cadets also and the three of them are becoming pretty great people. I see lots of good contributions to the world from all these kids of mine. Freddie and I have been married 25 years now and I truly can't imagine not having him with me every step of the way of this super fun journey of life. Anyway, maybe I'll write more here, maybe not. But I'm going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment